Roblox is ranked as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18. It is powered by a global community of over two million developers who produce their own immersive multiplayer experiences each month using Roblox Studio, a desktop design tool. The platform enables anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
Wize Computing Academy’s Roblox coding courses for ages 10+ provides the perfect way to learn programming, 3D modeling & game design with Roblox Studio. Learners make amazing professional quality games that they can play with friends and family, or even sell on Roblox marketplace.
What you will learn?
- An understanding of Lua the coding language used to create Roblox Games.
- The basic concepts of computer programming
- How to get set up to create your first Roblox game by creating an account and downloading and installing Roblox Studio.
- How to move, scale and rotate your Roblox parts.
- How to create a script, make objects spawn and how to program your Humanoid Roblox Player and much more.
- How to Use Roblox Toolbox and create your own models, save them and import them into your projects
- Design, Test, and Play your own game from beginning to end.
- Create custom animations and add sounds.
- You will be able to use all the concepts and coding you learnt in this course to create your own interactive games on Roblox.
Aligned to Standards
Roblox is an immersive educational tool where the opportunities for creativity and imagination are limitless.
Video game design is comprised of many different technical and abstract components and in this course, your child will learn basic Lua programming while they develop a game project. We provide a constructive and safe space for students to learn and apply the same concepts that real life programmers and game designers use to create video games. As your child codes and taps into their critical thinking skills, they’ll be able to see the results of their programming by watching their game transform.
This course balances discussion time with plenty of hands-on experience so students can cement what they’re learning and explore the topics they’re interested in. We combine Roblox with education so your child can engage their passions as they have fun in a positive, interest-driven environment.
Your child will also have access to Roblox Studio after the program and can continue to use their new skills in their personal projects.